5 SUMMER SURVIVAL TIPS FOR VIRTUAL ASSISTANTS
With the kiddos finally off school, the pool open, and the weather seriously stankin’ hot… your business mindset is bound to change.
Summer conjures up a longing to spend hours lounging on the porch sipping lemonade and reading trashy chick-lit. It can be tough to crank the A/C, sit your butt down in that office chair and grow your Virtual Assistance Business. Not to mention the fact that many clients are taking holidays and slowing down THEIR businesses – Which brings us to today’s post:
5 Ways to Grow Your Virtual Assistant Practice Over the Summer:
1. Put Your Social Media on Auto-Pilot. Use a Social Media scheduler. There are many to choose from including Hootsuite, Tailwind or MeetEdgar . Connect your social media networks and pre-schedule updates for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. You keep your fans and followers updated and your social media accounts spinning out great content – all while you’re on vacation!
2. Use ‘slow periods’ to re-vamp your marketing. Does your website need some updating? Haven’t changed your Linkedin profile since you got it? Business cards looking a little tired? Summer is the perfect time to have a look at your online profile and tweak your brand. Spend a little time polishing up your marketing materials.
3. Catch up on your reading – business books that is! What better time to purchase some V.A. ebooks or self-study courses and hit the beach with them loaded onto your reader? You will be harnessing new skills to apply to your business while relaxing in the sunshine – all at the same time.
4. Work on a product or program. Have you been toying with the idea of writing a book or creating a training program for your clients? The summer slow-down is the perfect time to get your butt in gear and crank it out, sister. Better yet – you can drag your laptop outside and be inspired by beautiful weather while you do it.
5. Take a break! Don’t forget to take time off. Sometimes rest and a break from phones, ipads, laptops, and technology, in general, is just what your business craves. Spend time reminding your family how much fun you are and enjoying life. Re-charge your batteries now, so you can be even more awesome later.
Be a Brainy Gal! Join our mailing list to receive the latest tips, updates, and V.A. inspo from us!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.