NAMING YOUR VIRTUAL ASSISTANT BUSINESS
If you're new to the world of Virtual Assistance you might be trying to determine an amazingly perfect name. This is no small task. The name of your business can stick with you for a loooong time - and can even determine your success or failure. Here are 5 things to consider:
1. Don't choose something too limiting. In other words - don't niche yourself out. You might think "Lisa the Social Media Expert" is a great name now - but will you still be focused on Social Media in five years? What about 10? Most VA's I know shift focus many times throughout their careers. What happens if social media loses its appeal to marketers? What happens when you discover all the big clients want help with something other than Social Media? I suggest keeping your business name more 'general' and open to new possibilities!
2. Careful with spelling and acronyms. "Happy Daze" might sound like a cute name in theory - but how many people will misspell it "Happy Days"? Don't make it hard for clients to find you! Also pay special attention to abbreviations. "Andrea's Social Skills Academy" can quickly turn into: A.S.S. Academy. Oooopsie.
3. Does your name stand out from the crowd? Is it easy to remember? Don't worry too much (or at all) about what everyone else is calling their Virtual Assistant businesses. You are not everyone else - you are YOU. If your business name is completely different from everyone else's - YAY....good for you! Try to think of a name that won't drown in the sea of Virtual Assistant businesses that are already out there.
4. Describe your business rather than just name it. What the heck does that mean? I'll tell you. A pizza shop can be called "Joe's Pizza" OR it can be called "Stone-Fired Artisan Pizzeria" Where would you rather eat?
5. Make sure you can live up to your handle. I'm speaking from personal experience here. I branded my business as "The Brainy Gal" because I truly am the bookworm, geeky, teacher's pet, brain-iac that I claim to be. BUT: It sure is embarrassing when I have to call a help desk and ask a REAaaaallllly stupid question! When I do something dumb and then have to give out my email: " ugh - yeah , [email protected]" I die a little inside. Whatever name you choose - make sure you can live up to your claims!
What's the name of your VA biz? Or what are you thinking of naming it? I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas so leave me a comment and we can chat further!
Be a Brainy Gal! Join our mailing list to receive the latest tips, updates, and V.A. inspo from us!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.